Friday, May 22, 2009

Butterscotch Bundt Rolls

With Memorial Day approaching, I wanted to share this fabulous recipe! It's become a tradition in our family to do a big breakfast when my husband has a day off for a holiday. This has become one of our favorites to add to our menu. The rolls are really soft, gooey, and sticky! I really like the subtle butterscotch flavor mixed with brown sugar that these rolls have. But you don't have to just eat these with breakfast--they are also really good paired with a dinner of meat and potatoes, too. And a nice bonus is that they look kind of fancy and taste even better!

Butterscotch Bundt Rolls from "The Essential Mormon Cookbook"
18 frozen dinner rolls (I use Rhodes Rolls)
1 (3 oz.) package butterscotch pudding (NOT instant)
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C chopped pecans
1/2 C melted butter

Arrange frozen rolls in a greased Bundt pan. Sprinkle pudding, brown sugar, and pecans over rolls. Drizzle butter over all. Cover Bundt pan with dishtowel, plastic wrap, or waxed paper and let rise at room temperature overnight, or about 12 hours. Remove dishtowel. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Cool 5-10 minutes before inverting to a serving plate. Serve warm. Makes 18 rolls.

Tips:
Just as an FYI, the last time I made these I only needed about 6-7 hours before the rolls were risen enough. So if you were making this the night before for breakfast, I'd probably suggest doing them right before you went to bed so that they don't get too huge.

3 comments:

alice said...

they look yummy! thanks for sharing the recipe.

Deborah said...

Oh, my goodness - I have GOT to make this!!

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

omg! can I just hire you to cook ALL of this yummy yummy stuff for me. please?