Monday, December 10, 2007

A Christmas tradition

Bret is already asking for the traditional Christmas slush. This is one that always reminds me of home! My mom makes this every year and it's really good. And by process of association, everytime I eat this I crave Lays potatos chips and french onion dip--yay, I can't wait for Christmas! Bring on the weight...

Banana Pineapple Slush from Barbs
2 ½ C orange juice
½ C lemon juice
5 bananas mashed thoroughly
4 C pineapple juice
4 C sugar
6 C water

Combine sugar, water, and heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, cool and combine with remaining ingredients. Freeze. Serve slush in 7-UP or Sprite.

3 comments:

Marisa said...

I love the slush. We always had strawberry slush growing up. That is definitely a favorite!

Rachel H said...

That sounds really good- is it just me or does it sound kinda like a Summer treat? Like if I am cold do I want a smoothie? Okay, yes I always want a smoothie. But still. Haha. =)

Marisa said...

I know...it does seem like it's the wrong season, doesn't it? It's one of those things we grew up having at Christmas and it's sooo good!