Monday, October 8, 2007

Super Soft sugar cookies

 I got this recipe from one of my student's mom's when I was teaching school. I absolutely love my mom's recipe for sugar cookies--but today I didn't want to wait while that recipe called for a few hours of refrigeration. These totally delivered on being really soft. We loved them!


Soft Sugar Cookies

1 C sugar
1/2 C shortening
2 eggs
1 C sour cream (I used fat free and it worked great)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 C flour

Cream sugar and shortening; add eggs and beat well. Add dry ingredients and sour cream and vanilla. Mix well. Roll out 1/4 inch thick and cut into shapes. Bake on cookie sheet at 375 for 6-8 minutes (depending on how doughy you want them).

Top with homemade frosting....be sure to add about 1 tsp of almond extract to the frosting (taste to see if it needs more) and it's sooooo yummy!

3 comments:

Brandon and Lindsey B said...

I like the site Maris! Good job! Keep putting recipes up!

-Brandon

Marisa said...

thanks! these cookies are awesome! they're still super soft the next day. They're a total diet killer. We had to finish them off today just so I wouldn't have them tempting me all day tomorrow. Yes, we had to finish them...Or I had to finish them ;-)

Brandon and Lindsey B said...

Great idea for the recipe site marisa! So can you post or send me the recipe for Bret's Chocolate Chip cookies with all of the lowfat measures he takes? That would be awesome!!
-Lindsey