Monday, November 19, 2007

Chicken Mexicali Provo-Style

Don't ask me why this is named that--I got it from my mom. It's really quick and easy to make. We had about half a pan left over and it freezes really well. I made this a few days ago and it didn't turn out as well b/c I got sidetracked and layered it incorrectly. So follow the directions on how to layer it and it tastes better.

Chicken Mexicali Provo-Style
Shredded chicken (boiled)
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of chicken
1 (15oz) vegetarian chili
1 pk (12) corn tortillas
1 (4oz) can chopped green chilies
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
Boil chicken and save a little broth (1/2 cup). Add to bottom of casserole dish. Tear tortillas. Layer the sauce, tortillas, chicken, cheese. Layer again and end with sauce on top. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes covered; 15 minutes undovered.

No comments: