Sunday, September 28, 2008

Brown Sugar Carrots

I'm always looking for quick, easy side dishes--especially with ingredients that I usually have on hand. When we got married about 7 years ago, my cute sister made a cookbook for us with lots of easy recipes. This was one of the side dishes in that cookbook and it's a great standby. They have a nice (but not overbearing) sweetness that makes them a hit with the kids, too. I made them again today and forgot how yummy they are. Usually cooked carrots are my least favorite veggie and I even had a second helping of these today. So that's saying a lot!

1 small bag of baby carrots
1/4 C brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
2 T margarine
2 T water

Place carrots in a microwave safe dish and add the margarine and brown sugar. Cook in the microwave for about five minutes, stirring halfway through. When done, put the cornstarch and water in with the carrots and cook another three minutes or until thick.

Serves: 4; Weight Watchers Point+: 4  (Make butter 1 T and it becomes 3)

No comments: