1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
2 1/3 C rolled oats (I only had instant oats and it was still great)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 C packed brown sugar
1 1/2 C butter
3 quarts peeled, cored, sliced apples (I used 2 qts)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. Cut butter into mixture until crumbly (I just used my hands).
3. Take half of the mixture and pat it into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
4. Toss apples with cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla. This was a variation suggested by someone and so I just eyeballed how much I needed to add some flavor to the apples.
5. Cover crumb mixture with apple slices, then sprinkle apple slices with remaining crumb mixture.
6. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender.