Thursday, February 2, 2012

Oatmeal Coconut Chewies

I've made it my quest to start trying all the things pinned under my "recipes to try" Pinterest board.  Well, I can't even begin to describe how happy I am that I started with this recipe! I also love that the pin took me to one of my favorite blogs that I've been following for years.  Mel also supplied me with my very favorite chocolate chip recipe, too. So I knew these had to be good.  But back to these amazing cookies! They are perfectly chewy and just rich enough.  The coconut and oatmeal add such a nice texture and such a perfect "chew"--like the name insinuates. I love how simple the cookie is but it is rich, buttery, and SO delicious.  These will be added to our list of favorites, for sure. 



Oatmeal Coconut Chewies from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

1 C granulated sugar
1 C brown sugar
2 eggs
1 C (2 sticks) butter, softened to cool room temperature
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 C flour
1 C shredded, sweetened coconut
1 C quick oats.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl cream together the sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy.  Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.  Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased or lined baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes, until the cookies are set by not overly browned (bake a few minutes longer for a crispier version).  


No comments: