Thursday, October 9, 2008

I got an award--wahoo!


Stephanie from Fun Foods on a Budget gave me a food blog award today!!! I am so flattered. Thank you! I'm still feeling really new at this and it's so much fun seeing that someone's reading this?!? I started this food blog about a year ago and then in the busyness of life, I fell off the bandwagon. But I love checking out all of your amazing food blogs and getting so many great ideas and so I decided to start doing it again and share some recipes we're trying and liking. I'm loving posting pictures now and practicing trying (the key word being "trying") to be a photographer :-)--so if you get to older posts keep checking back for pics. Here are some of the blogs that I love following and also nominate for an award:




My Kitchen Cafe

Sisters' Cafe

A Corner of my Kitchen

Dinner's Ready

Picky Palate

Taste and Tell

Priscilla Bakes

Purple People Eatery

Here are the rules:** Please find at least 10 more blogs, of any kind that you love to read. Write a post about the blogs you picked, linking back to me and to them. Once you’ve posted, return here to let me know your post is done and be sure to let them know too!!! (If you don't come up with 10, that's fine too!).

I meant to come up with 10 and then got a little carried away and did 11 and could've kept going! There's just way too many of you out there that I follow!?!

10 comments:

Barbara Bakes said...

I've secretly coveted the E for Excellence Award for some time now. I was hoping someone would find my blog worthy. My husband thinks it's funny that I care about awards, but it is a perk to blogging. Thanks Marisa!

priscilla joy said...

thanks marisa!! i came here to your blog for the first time and saw i had an award!

Melanie Anne said...

Thanks Marisa!! What a great blog you have! I am glad to find it. These recipes look great! I am excited to try the pumkin oatmeal and lemon cookies! YUMM!!!

Melanie said...

Hey Marisa - thank you for the award and your email. I love food blogging and I love your food blog so I'm glad you got back into it!

Erin said...

Thank you! That is so flattering that you enjoy following the Sisters Cafe! Your blog looks very yummy - I'm bookmarking a few of these recipes right now... :)

Brandy said...

Thank you so much Marisa! This is my first award ever... I always see awards on other blogs and think "I will never be known enough to get an award." You totally made my day. So much so that I am going to post another recipe right now! I have been slacking a little bit. Thanks for the much needed pick me up!

RecipeGirl said...

Congrats on your award!

Thanks so much Marisa for thinking of me :) That was very sweet of you!

Deborah said...

Thank you so much for the award - they always mean so much! And now I've found your blog - you have some great recipes here!

foreveryoung said...

Thanks Marisa! And congrats on your award, I'm so glad you've got this blog up and running again (your camera is great, by the way, I love the pictures). I've loved all the recipes of yours that I've tried. Thanks too for all the recipes that you contribute to my blog!

Lynn and Barbs said...

Wow, Marisa. Congratulations on the award. So glad to know your husband won't bring you home and ask me to teach you how to cook (remember that story....)I love seeing you enjoy cooking so much. Your food is yummy.
Mom